Saturday, April 24, 2010

Rainy afternoon.

After Effects should come with a warning message. Every time you open the program, you should see a yellow box that says

"WARNING! RENDERING IS HAZARDOUS TO HEALTH. MAY CAUSE TEMPORARY LOSS OF SANITY." 

Or maybe 

"WARNING! THIS PROGRAM AND WHAT YOU CREATE WITH IT WILL SLOWLY STEAL YOUR SOUL." 

Or even, 

"WARNING! MAY CAUSE PALE SKIN DUE TO TOO MUCH TIME SPENT INDOORS IN FRONT OF A COMPUTER SCREEN YELLING 'WHY, GOD? WHY?'"  

But it doesn't. You have to learn that the hard way. And it doesn't help that I'm already a very hard worker. One of the hardest workers you'll ever meet, probably. I put my entire heart and soul into every project. I try to go above and beyond and always learn more. And then when it's done, I die. Actually, it's more like a mini hibernation stage where I attempt to recover from all of my work.

So today I am finishing up editing my documentary. I am adding music to two-thirds of my big animation. I am rendering until I die. And I am designing dvd jackets and inserts and menus. I'd like to fit some sleep in there, but we'll see. That might have to be put off until May 1st.

Even so, I am very proud of how far I have come this year. I'm still learning, but I hope I'm still learning til the day I die. It'll be nice once everything's done. It will be nicer if people like my projects. I love making people happy.

Enough rambling. Here are some pretty pictures to make this dreary Cleveland afternoon seem a bit more magical.









No comments: