Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

Alright, I'll be honest. I don't really participate in this holiday. Nicholas and I just see it as a waste of money (no offense to all you other lovebirds & love hopefuls out there!). I just don't see how pink furry stuffed animals say "I Love You." Personally, to me, they say "Either a three year old girl or Cupid just projectile vomited all over your house." (Still, the holographic valentines you get in elementary school that come with tattoos are pretty awesome.) Anyway, I don't need a holiday to buy a card and spend a lot of money on dinner and chocolates and flowers. Why not do that just because? Also, Nicholas & I live in different states and need to save our money for plane tickets to see each other. That's kinda more important to us than sending barbershop quartets. Oh, and we've never actually been together on Valentine's Day. But really, who cares?

So to celebrate this holiday, Nicholas & I send each other an email. That's it. Why don't we do that on any other days? We do. Just because. To us, nothing says "I love you" like a non-stop, two way ticket to CHS. Haha.


'






And in case you were wondering, we've been together for 4 and a half years. We've been through 3 years of high school, orthodontia, new siblings, driving tests, school dances, ACTs and SATs, college applications, graduations, orientations, and (as of February 12th) ten birthdays. So Happy Birthday, again, Nicholas. And I suppose Happy Valentine's Day. It's been swell.

No comments: